Year 1 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 1
On this page, you will find information about the core subjects for this year, foundation subjects for each term and links to educational websites. Please make sure you check our ClassDojo page, as information about changes to our systems and routines, as well as homework, will be posted here.
Miss Brown is the class teacher in Class 1B. Miss Purnell is the class teacher in Class 1P.
Below is a basic timetable showing what a normal week in Year 1 looks like. We start the day at 9:00am and finish at 3:15pm. For morning drop-off and afternoon collection times please come to the the infant yard.
Please note this timetable is subject to change.
|9:00am - 10:05am||10:30am - 12:00pm||1:00pm - 1:30pm||1:30pm - 2:00pm||2:25pm - 3:10pm|
Please scroll down to the bottom of this page for an up to date topic letter.
PE for 1B is on Fridays and for 1P on Thursdays. We ask that for the moment children do not bring in PE kits but wear appropriate clothing for outdoor exercise on their PE day. Loose fitting clothing and trainers are essential.
In Year 1, a spelling homework sheet will be sent home every Monday. This is the sound they have been learning during their daily phonics lesson. The children will be able to practice all week and we will have a spelling challenge every Friday.
We send home your child's results on Fridays.
We follow the objectives set in the National Curriculum. Below are links to these documents for the core subjects (mathematics, English and science).
- Mathematics: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/335158/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_Mathematics_220714.pdf
- English: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/335186/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_English_220714.pdf
- Science: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/425618/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_Science.pdf
Foundation subjects set out in the National Curriculum, which include art and design, computing, design and technology (D&T), languages, geography, history, music and physical education.
Below are links to our topic letters that we send out at the start of each half-term
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk This site has lots of great maths games including Hit the Button.
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk Oxford Owl is an online library of books.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn BBC Bitesize Key Stage 1 has lots of resources linked to all the subjects of The National Curriculum.
- https://nrich.maths.org/primary NRICH has lots of free online mathematics resources for ages 3 to 18 set up by the Faculties of Mathematics and Education at the University of Cambridge.
Files to Download
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display