Year 1 2020 - 2021
Welcome to the Year 1 page
Welcome back to a new Half Term - Spring 2
Thank you to all the families who used our Home Learning pack last term.
Here is our home learning pack for the final week of closure
(for week beginning Monday 1st March)
Please click the link: Year 1 Home Learning Pack 1.3.21
This pack includes a timetable and all the learning materials needed for this week.
We will be in touch with families daily via Class Dojo with video messages, updates and extra materials for learning at home.
Please send us any completed work you do at home by 2:30pm each day (using Class Dojo).
If you are having problems downloading the learning pack or you need support with home learning, please contact us on Class Dojo.
Year 1 Curriculum - Spring 2
This Half Term we will be looking at the History topic The Great Fire of London.
We will be learning about what London was like in the past and how it has changed now, how people lived in 1666 and the events which caused the fire. We will also be learning about Samuel Pepys and why his diary is so important.
Year 1 Teachers
|Miss Brown||Miss Purnell|
Miss Brown is the class teacher in Class 1B. Miss Purnell is the class teacher in Class 1P.
Staying in Touch
Many of our Year 1 parents are now connected to Class Dojo which the Year 1 teachers use to post important messages. If you are not connected, please get in touch and we will send you an invite to join. It is easy to do and is the best way to recieve up-to-date information.
Children Self Isolating
If your child is forced to self-isolate we will contact you on Class Dojo with work for home learning. We will maintain daily contact with you via video message and you can send us photos of your child's work and learning activities every day for us to respond to.
Year 1 Bubble Closure
In the event of year 1 closing we will post more information here and be in touch with all families on Class Dojo.
Shape of the Week in Year 1
Below is a basic timetable showing what a normal week in Year 1 looks like. We start the day at 9:10am and finish at 3:20pm. For morning drop-off and afternoon collection times, please ensure you wear a face covering on school premises.
Please note this timetable is subject to change and if your child is self-isolating then we will send you a detailed weekly timetable with specific information on what work to do at home.
|9:10 - 10:10||10:30 - 12:00||1:00 - 1:30||1:30 - 2:25||2:45 - 3:10|
History: Great Fire of London
PE for 1B is on Fridays and for 1P on Thursdays. We ask that for the moment children do not bring in PE kits but wear appropriate clothing for outdoor exercise on their PE day. Loose fitting clothing and trainers are essential.
We follow the objectives set in the National Curriculum. Below are links to these documents for the core subjects (mathematics, English and science).
- Mathematics: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/335158/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_Mathematics_220714.pdf
- English: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/335186/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_English_220714.pdf
- Science: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/425618/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_Science.pdf
Below are links to our topic letters that we send out at the start of each half-term.
- Autumn 1:
- Autumn 2: Y1 Topic Letter Autumn 2
- Spring 1: Y1 Topic Letter Spring 1
- Spring 2:
- Summer 1:
- Summer 2:
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk This site has lots of great maths games including Hit the Button.
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk Oxford Owl is an online library of books.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn BBC Bitesize Key Stage 1 has lots of resources linked to all the subjects of The National Curriculum.
- https://nrich.maths.org/primary NRICH has lots of free online mathematics resources for ages 3 to 18 set up by the Faculties of Mathematics and Education at the University of Cambridge.
Files to Download
Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 1: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display