Year 1 2021 - 2022
Welcome to the Year 1 page
Welcome back to the Autumn Term
Click the link to read our topic letter for this half term
Year 1 Teachers
|Miss Brown||Miss Purnell|
Miss Brown is the class teacher in Class 1B. Miss Purnell is the class teacher in Class 1P.
Children Self Isolating
If your child is forced to self-isolate we will contact you on Class Dojo with work for home learning. We will maintain daily contact with you via video message and you can send us photos of your child's work and learning activities every day for us to respond to.
Shape of the Week in Year 1
Below is a basic timetable showing what a normal week in Year 1 looks like. We start the day at 9:10am and finish at 3:20pm. For morning drop-off and afternoon collection times, please ensure you wear a face covering on school premises.
Please note this timetable is subject to change and if your child is self-isolating then we will send you a detailed weekly timetable with specific information on what work to do at home.
|9:10 - 10:10||10:30 - 12:00||1:00 - 1:30||1:30 - 2:25||2:45 - 3:10|
Science - Materials
History - Homes in the Past
PE for 1B is on Fridays and for 1P on Thursdays. We ask that for the moment children do not bring in PE kits but wear appropriate clothing for outdoor exercise on their PE day. Loose fitting clothing and trainers are essential.
We follow the objectives set in the National Curriculum. Below are links to these documents for the core subjects (mathematics, English and science).
- Mathematics: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/335158/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_Mathematics_220714.pdf
- English: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/335186/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_English_220714.pdf
- Science: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/425618/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_Science.pdf
Below are links to our topic letters that we send out at the start of each half-term.
- Autumn 1:
- Autumn 2: Y1 Topic Letter Autumn 2
- Spring 1: Y1 Topic Letter Spring 1
- Spring 2:
- Summer 1:
- Summer 2:
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk This site has lots of great maths games including Hit the Button.
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk Oxford Owl is an online library of books.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn BBC Bitesize Key Stage 1 has lots of resources linked to all the subjects of The National Curriculum.
- https://nrich.maths.org/primary NRICH has lots of free online mathematics resources for ages 3 to 18 set up by the Faculties of Mathematics and Education at the University of Cambridge.
Files to Download
Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 1: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display