Year 1 2020 - 2021
Welcome to the Year 1 page
Year 1 Teachers
|Miss Brown||Miss Purnell|
Miss Brown is the class teacher in Class 1B. Miss Purnell is the class teacher in Class 1P.
Many of our Year 1 parents are now connected to Class Dojo which the Year 1 teachers use to post important messages. If you are not connected, please get in touch and we will send you an invite to join. It is easy to do and is the best way to recieve up-to-date information.
We are currently updating our class page and will post further infomation soon. In the meantime if you have any queries and need to get in touch with us you can message us via Class Dojo or ring the school office.
We follow the objectives set in the National Curriculum. Below are links to these documents for the core subjects (mathematics, English and science).
- Mathematics: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/335158/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_Mathematics_220714.pdf
- English: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/335186/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_English_220714.pdf
- Science: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/425618/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_Science.pdf
Below are links to our topic letters that we send out at the start of each half-term.
- Autumn 1:
- Autumn 2: Y1 Topic Letter Autumn 2
- Spring 1: Y1 Topic Letter Spring 1
- Spring 2:
- Summer 1:
- Summer 2:
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk This site has lots of great maths games including Hit the Button.
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk Oxford Owl is an online library of books.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn BBC Bitesize Key Stage 1 has lots of resources linked to all the subjects of The National Curriculum.
- https://nrich.maths.org/primary NRICH has lots of free online mathematics resources for ages 3 to 18 set up by the Faculties of Mathematics and Education at the University of Cambridge.
Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 1: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display