Year 6 2020 - 2021
Welcome to our Year 6 Page
Mrs Rogers is the teacher in Class 6R and Mr Paterson is the teacher in Class 6P.
|Mrs Rogers||Mr Paterson|
We follow the objectives set in the National Curriculum. Below are links to these documents for the core subjects (mathematics, English and science).
- Mathematics: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/335158/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_Mathematics_220714.pdf
- English: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/335186/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_English_220714.pdf
- Science: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/425618/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_Science.pdf
Click here to download the topic letter for Autumn 1.
Here are some guides to help you access some of the educational websites listed on this page.
- Mathletics guide: https://secure.schoolspider.co.uk/uploads/518/grade/444899_grade_file.doc
- Oxford Owl guide: https://secure.schoolspider.co.uk/uploads/518/grade/444906_grade_file.pptx
- Espresso guide: https://secure.schoolspider.co.uk/uploads/518/grade/444894_grade_file.doc
Support for Home Learning during Coronavirus Pandemic:
On this page, you will find home learning resources, links to websites and a suggested timetable that have been put together to support families having to work with children at home due to school closure. We have also included links to National Curriculum documents for core subjects and half-termly overviews so you have an idea of what is covered in school. Please make sure you scroll through the whole page to see what is included. During this time of school closure, we ask that you check the school website regularly for any important updates or information. We will continue to add to the home learning resources for each year group over this time.
Below are some links to websites that have various resources and interactive games to help with your child’s learning. These are a great way to consolidate what we have learnt in school. Children have been given usernames and passwords for Oxford Owl, Mathletics and Times Tables Rock Stars.
Oxford Owl: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk
Times Tables Rock Stars: https://ttrockstars.com
Topmarks Education: https://www.topmarks.co.uk
Twinkl (free subscription, enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS): www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
BBC Bitesize Revision: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn
Maths Frame: https://mathsframe.co.uk/
- Master the Curriculum: https://masterthecurriculum.co.uk/categories/?year=year-6
- Espresso (username student 22144 password mauldeth): https://www.discoveryeducation.co.uk/
- Hamilton (free English and maths home learning packs updated weekly): https://www.hamilton-trust.org.uk/blog/learning-home-packs/
- Scratch App (free download): https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Number Fun Portal: https://parent.numberfunportal.com
- White Rose Maths (free home learning resources with videos and worksheets): https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
- Literacy Company: http://www.theliteracycompany.co.uk/free-resources/
- NRICH (free online mathematics resources for ages 3 to 18 set up by the Faculties of Mathematics and Education at the University of Cambridge): https://nrich.maths.org/primary
- Robin Hood Academy (weekly home learning packs): https://www.robinhoodmat.co.uk/learning-projects/
- The World of David Walliams (free audio story everyday at 11am): https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/?fbclid=IwAR1RqmHrK6WyzTDnvyvgkdg6_6Q76wfr3xW6O8E5Zs9qG60K6OLmce4dKg8
- The Maths Factor (free maths website created by Carol Vorderman): http://www.themathsfactor.com
Files to Download
Year 6: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 6: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 6: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 6: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display