Planning and Science Vocabulary at Mauldeth Road Primary School includes:
- Bespoke science lesson plans
- National Curriculum objectives including working scientifically
- SOLO taxonomy assessment grids
- Common misconceptions and how to challenge them
- Key vocabulary for children
- Subject knowledge for teachers
- Links to science videos/songs/animations etc.
- Opportunities for visits and visitors
- Opportunities for outdoor learning
- We teach science vocabulary in every science topic
- We have created visual 'Key Word' sheets for each topic. These are displayed in the classrooms and in the children's books.
- The key words for each lesson are displayed on the board and discussed. Children practice and learn how to spell the key words.