Science at Mauldeth Road Primary School includes:
- A unique science curriculum based on the National Curriculum but also including extra topics
- Ongoing pupil assessment
- Addressing children's science misconceptions
- Key vocabulary for children
- Science videos, songs and animations
- Opportunities for visits and visitors
- Opportunities for outdoor learning
- We teach science vocabulary in every science topic
- We have created visual 'Key Word' sheets for each topic. These are displayed in the classrooms and in the children's books.
- The key words for each lesson are displayed on the board and discussed. Children practice and learn how to spell the key words.
Child-led Science Investigations
- Working with the University of Manchester, we have developed 'Fair Test Fatima', a simple resource for planning fair tests that allows children to lead their own practical science work.
- Watch this short video to find out more. Click here or watch below.