Reception 2023 - 2024
Welcome to our Reception class page
Mrs Akhtar and Ms Sheldon are the teachers in class RAS
Mrs Marsh is the teacher in class RM
Please find here a link to a video of our outdoor and indoor learning spaces.
Meet the Reception Team
This half term our unit is called 'Terrific Tales'. We will be focusing on lots of traditional tales from a variety of different cultures and countries. For further details, please see the Spring 1 Unit letter at the bottom of this page.
In Early Years, the Curriculum is split into the Prime and Specific areas of learning
Information about the Statutory Framework for Early Years can be found here
At Mauldeth Road, we use Development Matters to guide our Curriculum in Early Years,
click here to find this document.
Communication between parents and carers and school is of great importance and value and we aim to provide a good variety of ways for us to stay closely in touch and work together to provide the best possible start for your children:
- Staff from your child's class are available to talk to at the start and end of each day.
- We also use class dojo messages for private communication and class dojo portfolio for celebrating learning at home and at school.
- Any letters or information sent home, will also be posted on class dojo so that you can access them easily and we will send regular updates and reminders using this platform as well.
- You can also email school directly and messages will be forwarded to your class teacher.
- There are Parent/teacher meetings in the Autumn and Spring terms along with Learning Journeys which will be sent after the Autumn term and then again at the end of the Year.
Useful Websites to enhance learning
Here are links to some of the sites we use regularly for home/school learning.
|White rose maths
Files to Download
Reception: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display