Year 3 2020 - 2021
Welcome to our Year 3 Page
Welcome to our Year 3 class page. On this page, you will find information about the core subjects for this year, foundation subjects for each term and links to educational websites. At the bottom of the page, we have also included welcome videos. Please make sure you check our ClassDojo page, as information about changes to our systems and routines, as well as homework, will be posted here.
Miss Hirst is the teacher in Class 3H
Miss Macdonald is the teacher in Class 3M.
We follow the objectives set in the National Curriculum. Below are links to these documents for the core subjects (mathematics, English and science).
- Mathematics: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/335158/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_Mathematics_220714.pdf
- English: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/335186/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_English_220714.pdf
- Science: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/425618/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_Science.pdf
Year 3 and 4 Staturory Spelling List: Spelling List
Year 3 Maths Passport: Year 3 Maths Passport
Below are links to our topic letters that we send out at the start of each half-term.
- Autumn 1: Autumn 1 Topic Letter
Reading: Thank you in advance for all your support and encouragement from home. Our recommendation is that the children read every night for at least 15 minutes and talk to you about what they have read. Please discuss any new vocabulary that may appear in the text.
The reading books are given to the children on Monday and should be returned on a Friday to be changed again the following Monday.
Times tables: In Year 3 times tables and the related division facts are used regularly in lessons so please practice these regularly at home. E.G. 3 x 4 =12 so 12 ÷ 4 = 3. The children focus on the 3, 4 and 8 times tables this year.
Spellings: These will be tested weekly on Fridays. Please use the spelling booklet to work on spellings each week. It can be downloaded below:
- http://www.discoveryeducation.co.uk This is an interactive learning website. Username: student22144 Password: mauldeth.
- tts Independent Learning Book (7-11 years) tts Independent Learning Book (5-7 years) This is a curriculum-focused independent learning resource with over 40 home learning activities all planned and all prepared!
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk This site has lots of great maths games including Hit the Button.
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk Oxford Owl is an online library of books.
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display